Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I am mother and wife. I am not your cook, maid, zookeeper, chauffeur......

I was not the toddler type mom.  I didn't really know what to do with a baby.  I felt sorry for Dalton during the first 4 years of his life.  From the time he could walk he was waking himself up, getting dressed and making his own bowl of cereal for breakfast.  I did not coddle him.  I did not have time.  He was born while I was in dental school.  His bedtime stories were excerpts from the Journal of the American Dental Association magazine.  Saturday outings were visits to the dental school lab and library. 

When Brooke came along I was in the process of growing my dental practice.  While she did her homework at the dining room table I was doing my homework for the nighttime classes I was taking in economics, accounting and Spanish to advance my business.   

Freddy, poor Freddy has not had one complete week of homecooking in his married life.   He is just as comfortable with the vacuum and toilet cleaner as he is the lawnmower.

There is nothing like being married to an entrepreneur.  I hope my family knows how much I love and appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave me your impressions regarding my writing. Your comments encourage me and others that read this blog.