Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to me....

I was born 44 years and 2 minutes ago.

On my birthday I like to remember the highlights from the last year of my life....

One year ago today my son called me at 7:15am to tell me Happy Birthday and that he just had a car accident.  It was a rainy day and he slammed into the back of another car - a teacher at Marion High School.  *sigh*  I told him if you are gonna hit someone's car NEVER make it your boss or your teacher!
Happy Birthday to me! 

That same month we bought a tiny house in Greers Ferry ....right on the lake.  I bought it for my family - but I think I am the one who enjoys it the most.   Being near a body of water lowers my blood pressure, restores my energy reserves and gives me faith to go on....

In the spring last year Freddy FORCED me to zipline 400 feet down a mountain to the beach in Haiti while on a cruise.  I was terrified to do it but once I FINALLY did it ....I wanted to do it again!  

During the summer I discovered a hobby -writing.  I love blogging and I am almost finished writing a book for dental personnel detailing how they can incorporate children as patients into their practice painfree!

I lost two wonderful family members since my birthday last year.....Rutroe a huge lovable Lab and Nikki a sensitive lovable mixed breed. They passed away within 2 weeks of each other - and left a huge void in my life.  I was kind of embarrassed at the incredible feeling of grief I experienced losing those two guys but I was so thankful to my wonderful friends who understood the pain of losing a beloved pet - because they are indeed family members. 

I am now another year older and hopefully a little wiser.  I look forward to what ever the next year brings.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Debi! Wishing you a wonderful day & a year filled with God's blessings for you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had an eventful year, may this year be filled with great adventures and many cherished memories! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you have a truly blessed year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave me your impressions regarding my writing. Your comments encourage me and others that read this blog.