Thursday, April 15, 2010

What will you miss when you die?

A cynical friend informed me I will not miss anything because I will be dead. My son informed me I will miss nothing because I will be in heaven and will not want for anything. But since I am not sure what happens in afterlife this is my list:

5) Fall - the chill in the air - the smell of leaves and firewood burning. The anticipation of good
things to come: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas.  Then the awakening of spring.  The tulips pushing through the cold, hard earth to reach the warm sun.  I guess it is the 'change' of seasons I will miss.  The change is what I notice and love the most. 
4) Listening to music when exercising. I love all music and a great workout - the feeling it
gives me during and immediately afterwards. Stress disappears and I truly believe there is not a problem on earth that cannot be solved by a strenuous workout with good music.
3) Hunger - I love the anticipation of food. I really feel alive when I am waiting for the food-
the smells, the memories attached to that particular food and I am very aware of
my cravings.
2) Sex - everything about it - the desires, the act and the glow afterwards. 
1) Laughter - that uncontrollable 'I can't catch my breath' laugh when tears are streaming
down my face.

There they are the top five things I will miss when I die....it is ironic that the five things I will miss are indeed the things that actually make me feel the most alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave me your impressions regarding my writing. Your comments encourage me and others that read this blog.