Sunday, January 2, 2011

I knew it wouldn't last long ...and it hasn't even started yet.

I knew it wouldn't last long....and it hasn't even started yet. I had planned to follow the 28 Day Action Plan perfectly by following all the receipes and advice. But I am a bit of a rebel.

As I read the comments on the Wholeliving website regarding the 28 Day Action Plan the general consensus I am getting is fear. Fear of the new foods, fear of the eating plan, fear of the committment to exercise and fear of failing.

Fear of failing.

I see the 28 Day Action Plan as a set toward healthier living not a challenge that we can fail. How can you fail if you replace even one bad habit in your life?

Yesterday I went to the store and bought foods that I have never even heard of and tried some of them last night. You know what? Some of them tasted good and some did not...and that is okay because this week for me is not about following a strict detox and diet plan. This week is about trying new things.
I do not plan to restrict myself to the recipes published on the website and the magazine because I never like to limit my options in my life. The idea of the detox was to remove any potential food allergens from our diet - which is a good thing. However, I have already been tested for gluten, lactose and other food sensitivities when I was having gall bladder problems years ago. I have no real problems when it comes to food - at least not to the point that I need to totally remove them from my diet. For people who have never been tested for food sensitvity, following the diet plan this week could be the first time you will be free from stomach upset and distress. If so great - welcome it don't fear it. If you intend to strictly follow the diet this week and only make it until Tuesday 10pm then you accomplished something because you went out of your mainstream life and tried something new.

I am slightly allergic to strawberries but I still eat a few. I break out in a rash when eating shrimp so I do avoid shrimp cocktail. I love cucumbers and watermelon - my stomach however does not...so I eat these rarely. If you listen to your body you can figure out what food benefits you and which foods you need to avoid. My goal is to detox from processed foods -not just this week but forever. If I DO eat an egg biscuit from McDonalds it does not mean I failed .. I simply ate processed food.

This week is supposed to be a detox from unhealthy foods, relationships and thoughts. Being fearful you will fail IS a toxic reaction. Instead consider that you are simply trying something new-something you may like or might not. Something you may complete or opt out of ---and that is okay. Be a rebel and customize this plan to your benefit. Welcome the challenge to try the tips and recipes during these 28 days but don't feel as if you are failing if it is not right for you. You are never failing when you attempt to improve your health.

1 comment:

  1. So true! I haven't taken on the full 28 Day challenge, but I follow the daily challenges and have for months. Many of them are very good and are good things to implement.

    Good luck, and good attitude!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave me your impressions regarding my writing. Your comments encourage me and others that read this blog.