Thursday, May 20, 2010

OFFICER DOWN

Today is a sad day for our community. 

Two officers killed in the line of duty. 

The schools placed on lockdown.
Local business locked their doors -  while two men traveling in a white vehicle terrorized our town. 

We were shocked and terrified.  Where were these men? Will the police find them?

Two officers injured while multiple law enforcement agencies worked together to apprehend the terrorists in the parking lot of Walmart - probably the busiest area in our little town.

I can not imagine the grief the Paudert and Evans' families must be feeling.  I can only feel a sliver of the pain they must endure ....my husband helped bring these horrible men down - but he came home tonight.

Four men did not....

It takes a special kind of person to love a law enforcement officer-whether you are a spouse, parent, sibling or a child of a cop.    You live everyday normally - just like everyone else but in the back of your mind is the thought that they may not come home some night.  But you endure on - everyday and love them the best that you can.

I know the community is feeling for the families of the two slain and the two injured officers but if you have a law enforcement officer in your life I promise you I know that you are feeling that pain a little more acutely tonight.

Because I am.

For the families of Paudert and Evans ... I cry for you, I ache for you and I have prayed every minute of this day for you. 

I am not a law enforcement officer therefore I do not feel qualified to write this next statement.  However, I was given permission from an officer to put my thoughts into these words....

Officer Brandon Paudert and Officer Bill Evans thank you for your service to this community. 

Rest in Peace...You may now stand-down.

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you, the families of all the victims, and the whole community in this time if loss. May God rest their souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your service & to all of the men & women who place their lives on the line every day - thank you as well. We take law enforcement officers for granted and even take occasional 'pot shots' at them for being there when we wanted to bend the rules. That fault is our own and very few of us has what it takes to muster the courage to don that uniform every day, as they do.

    Take a few minutes tomorrow to thank an officer of the law. I know they would appreciate it...esp in times after an atrocity such as occurred in West Memphis today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave me your impressions regarding my writing. Your comments encourage me and others that read this blog.