Sunday, April 18, 2010

If I Were A Boy ....

I was not feeling very well today so I took some Tylenol and decided to take a nap.  Before I laid down though I wanted to put the clothes I had washed in the dryer.  There were towels; however, in the dryer so I folded those before I put the wet clothes in.  Then I thought I better eat something before I lay down because I took the Tylenol and it will hurt my stomach, so I went in the kitchen to get a piece of the delectable cake Brooke had baked yesterday.   I put a piece on a plate then reached in the drawer for a fork.  There were no forks so I opened up the dishwasher and saw the dishes were clean.  You guessed it - I emptied the dishwasher then grabbed a clean fork and sat down to eat the cake and watch some television.  When I was done with the cake I figured it was a good time for a nap but before I lay down I better get the clothes out of the dryer.  I emptied the dryer and hung the clothes up.  My phone rang and I answered it and talked for about 10 minutes.  While I was talking I straightened up the bedroom and bathroom.  After I hung up the phone I brushed my teeth (can't go to sleep with cake on our teeth now can we?) and realized we had no toothpaste so I went out to the garage where I store extra stuff and grabbed a tube.  While I was out there Brooke's bike was laying on the ground so I put it back on the kick-stand and saw the rabbit bedding.  Realizing that the poor rabbit was still sitting on dirty bedding since we were out of town I grabbed a pack and changed it for him.  As I was taking his dirty bedding out I figured why not get the kitchen trash as well and carried it all out.  As I was walking back into the house Dalton drove up.  He was home from ball practice.  He was hot and smelly and gave me a sweaty hug.  He announced that he was tired and was going to lay down before dinner.  He went into his room, yanked his shirt off and flung himself onto his unmade bed.   I stood in the hallway aghast and thought to myself 'he just washed those sheets'.  
I am here blogging about this and now I am going to take a nap.....after I publish the post - and check Facebook.  :)

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave me your impressions regarding my writing. Your comments encourage me and others that read this blog.