Saturday, May 29, 2010

Be true to yourself because apparently noone else will!

I had a rough night.  I was in a bad mood and I did something I hardly ever do....I posted a dark status on Facebook.  "Be true to yourself cuz apparently noone else will!"

A funny thing happened. 

People started 'liking' this status.  Some people commented or inboxed me to inquire what was going on? Could it be that optimistic Debi was showing a little pessimism? 

I was because I had been a little disappointed - and it hurt.  But after I calmed down I realized that the comment is actually quite true.  I think the reason so many people responded to this status on Facebook is because they agree it was true. 

And that is sad.

It is sad that others cannot be true to us.  Someone told me once that you cannot depend on anyone but God- not even yourself.  We are all flawed.  We all do things to hurt each other and even to ourselves. 

I do not subscribe to the beliefs of astrology or the horoscope but you have to admit that the zodiac does sometimes hit the nail on the head - or the description of my sign does at least.  One sentence in particular jumped out at me when I Googled the description on the internet once.

My sign is Libra.   They are seldom angry when circumstances demand a show of annoyance at least; and yet Librans can shock everyone around them with sudden storms of rage. 

Wow! Those who know me, especially those who love me know this to be true!   

So yes I held this annoyance inside too long once again.  And yes I blew up when the disappointment became painful.  But that is what happens when I depend on others for my happiness. 

I need to be true to myself because others will let me down.  Unintentionally or maybe intentionally.
And I am sure I have let a few people down in my life...just a few I hope.  But I will be true to myself and I will depend on myself. 

So I am giving everyone in my life a break - and me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave me your impressions regarding my writing. Your comments encourage me and others that read this blog.