Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's Not Always about You!

Excerpt from I do not want to get sued!

Our whole world is seen through our own eyes...our own perspective.  Be careful-sometimes things are not as they appear.

I was out of town at a dental meeting. I was having incredible stomach cramps probably from food poisoning. I really wanted to hear the speaker so I forced myself to attend. I make it a habit to sit in the front row if possible at these meetings because I have a bit of self-diagnosed ADD so I have to be front and center to stay involved.

So there I was right in front of the speaker dying of pain.  I listened to the speaker but did not take any notes.  It took all my strength just to sit upright in the chair.  I skipped the luncheon the speaker had planned with the attendees and went to my room to lie down. After guzzling copious amounts of Pepto and taking a nap, the afternoon meeting went a little better.

I stood in line to get the speaker’s autograph. As he was signing my book he inquired whether I enjoyed his talk. I stated that I had and I thought he was a gifted speaker.   He looked shocked and said he was relieved because he thought I hated him based on the looks I was giving him that morning and the fact that I didn’t show up for lunch.

I explained that I had food poisoning and felt like I was dying.

We both had a good laugh.

He thought I hated him. I was very ill but I stayed to show him how much I was interested in hearing his message.  Things are not always as they appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave me your impressions regarding my writing. Your comments encourage me and others that read this blog.