Saturday, August 28, 2010

Full of calories but starving to death!!

Imported from blog,blog,blog... written August 8, 2010

I am writing this from my phone while on the way back from Camden so please ignore any misspelled words.


It is amazing how 1 and 1/2 days has really messed me up. My family left early yesterday to travel to Camden for my brother-in-law's wedding and although I had a great time spending the last 36 hours with his new wife's family I am all discombobulated. I normally eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks. I am never hungry between these eating periods and feel strong the entire day. However, I spent the last 48 hours absolutely starving to death ....even though I kept shoving food in my face.

I think it started out with a four and a half car ride yesterday during which we ate lunch late because we couldn't find a restaurant in the Stuttgart country area. Once we got to the hotel we had to hurry and eat an early dinner because we didn't expect to eat again until 8pm or later and we usually eat dinner early. We had Arby's -what I hoped was halfway healthy fast food-apparently not because during the rehearsal my stomach rebelled strongly.


After the rehearsal all forty-something of us congregated on Pizza Hut. We got back to the hotel around 9:30 and I fell in bed exhausted. This morning I got up starving ...even after a nice breakfast at the hotel. I figured this hunger was all in my head -just a control issue because I did not know how the day would go and when I would be able to eat again. We had to be at the church at 11:45ish and had to stay for pictures and then the wedding would start at 2pm. The guys in my family were dressed in tuxs and Brooke and I were decked out as well - we started getting dressed at 10:30 therefore there was not time to get lunch.

After sitting through almost two hours of pictures, I stole away for couple of minutes and ran back to Arbys -my kids inhaled the sandwiches in 10 seconds before ushering guests down the aisle. Still starving I downed a Snickers and a cereal bar. After the ceremony I got busy helping the guests welcome the bride and groom to their new tax status and didn't have time to sit and eat.


Around 5:00 I found myself shoving wedding cake in my mouth to appease my shakes...finally an hour later back on the road home we ate McDonalds. Yuck! I am exhausted and HUNGRY which is amazing giving the number of calories I consumed today.

Don't get me wrong - I had a great time but I also realized something -it is not the quantity of calories I eat but the quality.

In  addition if my brain feels that my scheduled 'eating periods' are threatened it will convince me that I am mere hours from starving to death. I have had some intense hunger pains this weekend simply because I was away from home and not in control of my own schedule. I am home now and looking forward to crawling into my own bed. Hopefully my brain will register overnight that I am home - food is available therefore I am not starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave me your impressions regarding my writing. Your comments encourage me and others that read this blog.